Exceling beyond confectionery to become a global food & healthcare company, we chart our path ahead with a global presence.
Based on the philosophy of
Advent of Korea’s national snacks
including Choco Pie & Pockachip
into the global market
Forging ahead for the next wave of
growth as a global provider of
comprehensive food & healthcare products
Based on the philosophy of business patriotism
- Foundation of Orion (formerly Dongyang Confectionery)
Becomes the first in Korea to introduce a modern candy manufacturing facility
Released King Drops.
- Rolled out automatic molding machines for soft biscuits
- Launched Mommy Biscuits, modern biscuits
- Launched Fruits Drops with natural fruit flavors, Chewnut Candy, a chewing soft candy, Happy Biscuits, & Orion Crackers
- Began automatic packaging process for candy products;Dominated the domestic market after producing flat chocolates (e.g. No. 1 Chocolate, Nimege Chocolate)
Advent of Korea’s national snacks including Choco Pie & Pockachip
- Launched Choco Pie, the all-time hit product in company history
- IPO - 1,660,000 shares issued
Launched Cuttlefish Peanut Balls
Started exporting gums.
- First in Korea to begin automatic packaging of biscuits
- Launched Diget
- Launched Pockachip; Opened Potato Research Institute.
Launched commercial series of Choco Pie brand
Launched Flavono, the first functional gum that alleviates bad breath
Full-scale expansion into the global market
Opened the Beijing office in China;
Choco Pie begins exports to Russia.
Established the China-based corporation
Won the Export Tower Award worth USD 10 Million.
- Exports hit the KRW 30 billion mark
- Constructed the first factory in Langfang, China
- Launched the Orion Group
- Constructed a factory in Shanghai, China
Changed the company name to Orion Corporation
Established the China corporation
- Established the Vietnam corporation
Constructed the second factory in Langfang, China
Constructed a factory in My Phuoc, Vietnam
Constructed a factory in Novo, Russia
Constructed a factory in Novo, Russia
Launched new brands, Dr. You and Market O
Constructed a factory in Yen Phong, Vietnam
Became the first confectionery company with all its factories HACCP-certified
- Constructed a factory in Guangzhou, China
- Exceeded KRW 1 trillion mark in annual sales in China
Became the first confectionery company to introduce eco-friendly packaging
Constructed a factory in Xianyang, China.
Exceeded KRW 1 trillion mark in cumulated sales in Vietnam
Declared our commitment to ethical management practices.
Forging ahead for the next wave of growth as a global provider of comprehensive food & healthcare products
Exceeded KRW 200 billion mark in annual sales in Vietnam
Co-founded Orion-Nonghyup corporation that produces premium processed foods.
- Launched Kkobuk Chips, made of chips with four crisp layers
Orion-Nonghyup constructed the Miryang factory
Launched Market O Nature, a brand for Convenient Meal Replacement
Obtained a Green Certificate from the Ministry of Environment for the first time in the confectionery industry
Established the India-based corporation.
Constructed an Orion Jeju Yongamsoo factory
Launched Dr. You Jeju Yongamsoo
Rolled out a flexo printing machine for eco-friendly packaging materials.
Signed a joint venture contract in the biotech sector with Shandong Lukang Medicine, a state-owned pharmaceutical company in China
Launched Dr. You Protein Bar.
Constructed a factory in Rajasthan, India
Choco Pie surpasses the KRW 500 billion mark in annual global sales
The Vietnam and Russia-based corporations exceeded KRW 300 billion & 100 billion marks in annual sales, respectively, for the first time
Constructed a production facility for in vitro cancer diagnosis products in China
Set up the Integrated Control System for Reduction of Global Carbon Emissions.
Launched Dr.You Jeju Yongamsoo without use of labels & Dr.You Immune Water
Set up an ESG Steering Committee
Obtained certificates (ISO14001) for environmental management systems.